DrugPatentWatch Database Preview➤ Get the DrugPatentWatch Daily Briefing
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 5,359,032
|Abstract:||This invention relates to interleukin inhibitors (IL-1 INHs) that selectively inhibit interleukin 1 activity. The invention also relates to processes for purifying such IL-1 INHs from urine and for producing such IL-1 INHs by hosts transformed with recombinant DNA molecules comprising DNA sequences encoding the inhibitors, and to methods of treatment and compositions characterized by such IL-1 INHs. These methods and agents are useful in immunosuppressive and anti-inflammatory applications and therapies.|
|Inventor(s):||Dayer; Jean M. (Geneva, CH), Seckinger; Philippe L. (Carouge, CH), Mazzei; Gonzalo J. (Geneva, CH), Shaw; Alan R. (Geneva, CH)|
|Assignee:||Biogen Inc. (Cambridge, MA)|
|Patent Claims:||1. A substantially pure IL-1 INH, migrating as a single band on SDS/PAGE and substantially free of apolipoprotein Al and retinol binding protein, the IL-1 INH being characterized by an
inhibitory activity to
(1) the LAF activity of IL-1
(2) the MCF activity of IL-1,
(3) the IL-1 mediated fibroblast proliferation, and
(4)the IL-1 binding to IL-1 receptors, and non-inhibitory activity to the TNF.alpha. mediated production of PGE.sub.2 and collagenase, wherein the IL-1 INH has a specific activity of at least 1.2.times.10.sup.3 U/mg in an IL-1 mediated IL-2 production assay.
2. The IL-1 INH according to claim 1 wherein IL-1 INH is further characterized by an inhibitory activity to IL-1-mediated production of IL-2.
3. The IL-1 INH according to claim 1, wherein the IL-1 INH specifically binds to IL-1 receptors on target cells.
4. The IL-1 INH according to claim 1 wherein the IL-1 INH has a molecular weight of about 25,000 daltons on SDS PAGE.
5. The IL-1 INH according to claim 4, wherein the IL-1 INH has an isoelectric point of 4.7 by chromatofocussing.
6. The IL-1 INH according to any one of claims 1-5 wherein the IL-INH is substantially free from other proteins.
7. The IL-1 INH according to claim 1 wherein the IL-1 INH has a specific activity of at least 1.2.times.10.sup.3 U/mg in an EL-4/CTLL assay.
8. The IL-1 INH according to claim 1, wherein the IL-1 INH has a specific activity of at least 3.8.times.10.sup.4 U/mg in an IL-1 receptor binding assay.
9. The IL-1 INH according to claim 1, wherein the IL-1 INH has a specific activity of at least 6.2.times.10.sup.4 U/mg in an IL-1/LAF assay.
10. The IL-1 INH according to claim 1, wherein the IL-1 INH has a specific activity of at least 3.5.times.10.sup.4 U/mg in an EL-4/CTLL assay.
11. The IL-1 INH according to claim 1, wherein the IL-1 INH has a specific activity of at least 3.0.times.10.sup.4 U/mg in an IL-1/MCF assay.
12. A pharmaceutical composition comprising a therapeutically effective amount of an IL-1 INH according to any one of claims 1 to 5 or 7-11 in a pharmaceutically acceptable vehicle.
|Applicant||Tradename||Biologic Ingredient||Dosage Form||BLA||Number||Approval Date||Patent No.||Assignee||Estimated Patent Expiration||Status||Orphan||Source|
|Smith And Nephew||SANTYL||collagenase||OINTMENT;TOPICAL||101995||001||1965-06-04||⤷ Free Forever Trial||Biogen Inc. (Cambridge, MA)||2011-10-25||RX||search|
|>Applicant||>Tradename||>Biologic Ingredient||>Dosage Form||>BLA||>Number||>Approval Date||>Patent No.||>Assignee||>Estimated Patent Expiration||>Status||>Orphan||>Source|
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.