DrugPatentWatch Database Preview➤ Get the DrugPatentWatch Daily Briefing
» See Plans and Pricing
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 5,180,818
|Title:||Site specific cleavage of single-stranded DNA|
|Abstract:||Method for specifically cleaving a single stranded DNA molecule. The method includes providing an RNA molecule having a deoxyribonuclease activity independent of any protein, and contacting that RNA molecule with the single stranded DNA molecule to cause the single stranded DNA molecule to be cleaved.|
|Inventor(s):||Cech; Thomas R. (Boulder, CO), Herschlag; Daniel (Boulder, CO)|
|Assignee:||The University of Colorado Foundation, Inc. (Boulder, CO)|
|Patent Claims:||1. A method for specifically cleaving a single-stranded DNA molecule, comprising the steps of:
(a) providing a first RNA molecule selected from the group consisting of a group I intron, a group II intron, or RNAse P, that cleaves a second RNA molecule to leave a 3'-OH, said first RNA molecule having a deoxyribonuclease activity, and
(b) contacting said first RNA molecule with said single-stranded DNA molecule under conditions which allow said first RNA molecule to cause said single-stranded DNA molecule to be cleaved said conditions including providing Mg.sup.2+ ions and guanosine or guanosine triphosphate at a pH between 6.0 and 9.5 and a temperature between 20.degree. C. and 70.degree. C.
2. The method of claim 1, further comprising providing said RNA molecule in a reaction medium at a concentration sufficient to cause cleavage of at least 1% of a population of the DNA molecules in an hour.
3. The method of claim 1, further comprising providing said RNA molecule in a reaction medium at a concentration sufficient to cause cleavage of at least 10% of a population of the DNA molecules in an hour.
4. The method of claim 1, wherein said RNA molecule comprises the portions of an RNA molecule of Tetrahymena having said deoxyribonuclease activity.
5. The method of claim 4, wherein said RNA molecule is L-19, L-21, or an RNA molecule comprising the portions of L-19 having said deoxyribonuclease activity.
6. The method of claim 1, further comprising the step of providing a chelator of said Mg.sup.2+ ions to stop further reaction of said RNA molecule with said DNA molecule.
7. The method of claim 6, wherein said chelator is ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid (EDTA).
8. The method of claim 1, wherein said RNA molecule comprises a binding site for single-stranded DNA, which binding site is complementary to nucleotides adjacent to a cleavage site on said single-stranded DNA molecule.
|Applicant||Tradename||Biologic Ingredient||Dosage Form||BLA||Number||Approval Date||Patent No.||Assignee||Estimated Patent Expiration||Status||Orphan||Source|
|Schering||INTRON A||interferon alfa-2b||VIAL||103132||001||1986-06-04||Start Trial||The University of Colorado Foundation, Inc. (Boulder, CO)||2039-02-26||RX||search|
|Schering||INTRON A||interferon alfa-2b||VIAL||103132||002||1986-06-04||Start Trial||The University of Colorado Foundation, Inc. (Boulder, CO)||2039-02-26||RX||search|
|Schering||INTRON A||interferon alfa-2b||VIAL||103132||003||1986-06-04||Start Trial||The University of Colorado Foundation, Inc. (Boulder, CO)||2039-02-26||RX||search|
|>Applicant||>Tradename||>Biologic Ingredient||>Dosage Form||>BLA||>Number||>Approval Date||>Patent No.||>Assignee||>Estimated Patent Expiration||>Status||>Orphan||>Source|
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.