DrugPatentWatch Database Preview➤ Get the DrugPatentWatch Daily Briefing
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 5,122,458
|Title:||Use of a bGH gDNA polyadenylation signal in expression of non-bGH polypeptides in higher eukaryotic cells|
|Abstract:||The present invention relates to the use of the polyadenylation signal from the gene for bovine growth hormone to achieve a high level of expression of peptides in eukaryotic cells. Accordingly, the present invention provides a recombinant DNA compound comprising: a first nucleotide sequence which contains a promoter capable of initiating transcription of a gene; a second nucleotide sequence which encodes a gene for a polypeptide other than bovine growth hormone, including genomic and other intron containing forms thereof; a third nucleotide sequence which contains a bovine growth hormone polyadenylation signal; and a fourth nucleotide sequence which optionally contains a selectable marker. The first, second and third sequences are operably linked in sequence to form a functional genetic unit capable of being expressed. The fourth sequence, which is optionally provided, is useful for determining whether or not the DNA of the present invention has been incorporated into a living cell.|
|Inventor(s):||Post; Leonard E. (Kalamazoo, MI), Palermo; Daniel P. (Kalamazoo, MI), Thomsen; Darrell R. (Kalamazoo, MI), Rottman; Fritz M. (Pepper Pike, OH), Goodwin; Edward C. (Cleveland Heights, OH), Woychik; Richard P. (Knoxville, TN)|
|Assignee:||The Upjohn Company (Kalamazoo, MI)|
|Patent Claims:||1. A recombinant DNA molecule comprising: (a) a DNA sequence that encodes a polypeptide other than bovine growth hormone; and,
(b) a bovine growth hormone gene polyadenylation signal, said polyadenylation signal comprises the nucleotide sequence:
wherein said DNA sequence that encodes a polypeptide other than bovine growth hormone is upstream from and operably linked to said polyadenylation signal.
2. A recombinant DNA molecule according to claim 1 further comprising a promoter, said promoter is upstream from and operably linked to said DNA sequence that encoders a polypeptide other than ovine growth hormone.
3. A recombinant DNA molecule according to claim 1 further comprising a selectable marker.
4. A recombinant DNA molecule according to claim 2 wherein said promoter is a Cytomegalovirus immediate early promoter.
5. A recombinant DNA molecule according to claim 1 wherein said polyadenylation signal comprises bovine growth hormone genomic DNA nucleotide sequence from the PvuII cleavage site in the condons coding for amino acids 190-192 to the next subsequent EcoRI cleavage site downstream therefrom.
6. A recombinant DNA molecule according to claim 5 wherein said polyadenylation signal comprises bovine growth hormone genomic DNA nucleotide sequence from the PstI cleavage site in the codons coding for amino acids 90-91 to the next subsequent EcoRI cleavage site downstream therefrom including the intron therein.
7. A recombinant DNA molecule according to claim 1 wherein said DNA sequen e that encodes a polypeptide other than obvine growth hormone comprises cDNA encoding tissue plasminogen activator.
8. A method of producing a pre-selected polypeptide which comprises the steps of:
(a) culturing a eukaryotic cell or cell line comprising a recombinant DNA molecule according to claim 2, wherein said DNA sequence that encodes a polypeptide other than bovine growth hormone encodes a pre-selected polypeptide; and
(b) recovering said pre-selected polypeptide.
9. The method according to claim 8 wherein the pre-selected polypeptide is tissue plasminogen activator.
10. A eukaryotic cell or cell line comprising a recombinant DNA molecule according to claim 1 wherein said eukaryotic cell or cell ine expresses said DNA sequence that encodes a polypeptide other than bovine growth hormone.
11. A eukaryltic cell o cell line according to claim 10 wherein said coding sequence is tissue plasminogen activator.
|Applicant||Tradename||Biologic Ingredient||Dosage Form||BLA||Number||Approval Date||Patent No.||Assignee||Estimated Patent Expiration||Status||Orphan||Source|
|Schering||INTRON A||interferon alfa-2b||VIAL||103132||001||1986-06-04||⤷ Free Forever Trial||The Upjohn Company (Kalamazoo, MI)||2009-06-16||RX||search|
|Schering||INTRON A||interferon alfa-2b||VIAL||103132||002||1986-06-04||⤷ Free Forever Trial||The Upjohn Company (Kalamazoo, MI)||2009-06-16||RX||search|
|Schering||INTRON A||interferon alfa-2b||VIAL||103132||003||1986-06-04||⤷ Free Forever Trial||The Upjohn Company (Kalamazoo, MI)||2009-06-16||RX||search|
|>Applicant||>Tradename||>Biologic Ingredient||>Dosage Form||>BLA||>Number||>Approval Date||>Patent No.||>Assignee||>Estimated Patent Expiration||>Status||>Orphan||>Source|
|Country||Patent Number||Estimated Expiration|
|Germany||3584341||⤷ Free Forever Trial|
|European Patent Office||0173552||⤷ Free Forever Trial|
|Japan||H0683669||⤷ Free Forever Trial|
|Japan||S61119192||⤷ Free Forever Trial|
|>Country||>Patent Number||>Estimated Expiration|
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.