DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
Join the DrugPatentWatch Referral Program Get access to a free drug patent landscape report or a free one-month subscription
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 4,767,709
|Abstract:||Proliferin, a growth-related hormone of the prolactin-growth hormone family is provided, as well as DNA molecules encoding proliferin and methods of expressing the DNA molecules in vivo. Methods of probing for proliferin encoding DNA are also provided.|
|Inventor(s):||Nathans; Daniel (Baltimore, MD), Linzer; Daniel I. H. (Baltimore, MD)|
|Assignee:||The Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD)|
|Patent Claims:||1. A DNA molecule containing a coding sequence free of introns for the amino acid sequence of mammalian proliferin.
2. A DNA molecule containing a coding sequence capable of being transcribed and translated in a procaryote into a protein containing the amino acid sequence of mammalian proliferin.
3. The DNA molecule of claim 1 wherein said molecule is contained within a procaryotic genome.
4. The DNA molecule of claim 3 wherein the coding sequence is associated with a procaryotic regulatory region enabling expression of said amino acid sequence.
5. The DNA molecule of claim 4 contained in a plasmid.
6. The DNA molecule of claim 1 contained in a procaryotic plasmid or bacteriophage vector.
7. The DNA molecule of claim 1 contained in a eucaryotic viral vector.
8. The DNA molecule of claim 7 wherein said viral vector is SV40 virus.
9. The DNA molecule of claim 1 wherein said molecule is contained in a eucaryotic genome.
10. The DNA molecule of claim 9 wherein said eukaryotic genome is contained within a eukaryotic cell and said cell expresses said amino acid sequence.
11. The DNA molecule of claim 10 wherein said amino acid sequence is expressed in a glycosylated form.
12. The DNA molecule of claim 1 containing a coding sequence for the amino acid sequence of proliferin said amino acid sequence being essentially as shown in FIG. 1.
13. The DNA molecule of claim 2 wherein the coding sequence is essentially as shown in FIG. 1.
14. The molecule of claim 1 contained in the plasmid PLF-1 deposited under ATCC Accession No. 39721.
15. A eucaryotic cell transformed by a DNA sequence containing a an intron-free coding sequence for mammalian proliferin and capable of expression as mature mammalian proliferin protein.
16. The cell of claim 15 wherein said DNA sequence is from the same species as said cell.
17. The cell of claim 15 wherein said transformed eucaryotic cell is from a cell line.
18. A cell line produced by clonally expanding the cell of claim 22 into a transformed cell line.
|Applicant||Tradename||Biologic Ingredient||Dosage Form||BLA||Number||Approval Date||Patent No.||Assignee||Estimated Patent Expiration||Status||Orphan||Source|
|Schering||INTRON A||interferon alfa-2b||VIAL||103132||001||1986-06-04||Start Trial||The Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD)||2039-02-26||RX||search|
|Schering||INTRON A||interferon alfa-2b||VIAL||103132||002||1986-06-04||Start Trial||The Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD)||2039-02-26||RX||search|
|Schering||INTRON A||interferon alfa-2b||VIAL||103132||003||1986-06-04||Start Trial||The Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD)||2039-02-26||RX||search|
|>Applicant||>Tradename||>Biologic Ingredient||>Dosage Form||>BLA||>Number||>Approval Date||>Patent No.||>Assignee||>Estimated Patent Expiration||>Status||>Orphan||>Source|
|Country||Patent Number||Publication Date|
|World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)||8600338||Jan 16, 1986|
|Japan||S61502514||Nov 06, 1986|
|European Patent Office||0190163||Aug 13, 1986|
|Australia||4492085||Jan 24, 1986|
|>Country||>Patent Number||>Publication Date|
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.