DrugPatentWatch Database Preview➤ Get the DrugPatentWatch Daily Briefing
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 4,732,758
|Title:||Preparation with collagenolytic activity having high activity and pharmaceutical compositions containing it|
|Abstract:||The invention relates to a pharmaceutical composition containing in association with a pharmaceutical vehicle a collagenase of high specific activity and capable of being inhibited at least partly by myosine. It is useful for the treatment of pathologies manifested by an uncontrolled alteration of the collagen-rich structures in man or animal.|
|Inventor(s):||Hurion; Nicole (Paris, FR), Keil; Borivog (Gif/S/Yvette, FR)|
|Assignee:||Institut Pasteur (Paris, FR)|
|Patent Claims:||1. A composition comprising:
a collagenase which specifically recognizes a peptide sequence X-glycyl-L-prolyl in collagen in an amount effective to treat pathologies manifested by an uncontrolled alteration of collagen-rich structures in man or animal, in which X is a natural amino acid residue linked to the N-terminal end of the glycyl residue, said collagenase cutting said sequence specifically at the level of the X-glycyl linkage to degrade collagen into fragments and besides being inhibited at least partly by myosine;
an effective amount of a neutral protease which can degrade further said collagen fragments; and
an effective amount of an endonuclease which can contribute to the destruction of DNA released as pus by infected cells;
the proportions of said protease and said endonuclease with respect to 0.350 .mu.kat of said collagenase not exceeding 200 caseinolytic units for said protease and 500 nucleasic units for said endonuclease.
2. The composition of claim 1, wherein said collagenase is secreted by Vibrio alginolyticus chemovar iophagus in its culture medium.
3. The composition of claim 2, wherein said collagenase is secreted by the strain deposited at the C.N.C.M. under accession number I-029.
4. The composition of claim 1 which contains a dose of collagenase, expressed by the collagenase activity per weight of the composition, at least equal to 0.05 .mu.kat/g of the pharmaceutical composition.
5. The composition of claim 1 which is a liquid solution for topical use and which contains a dose of collagenase expressed by collagenase activity per volume of liquid, at least equal to 0.05 .mu.kat/ml.
6. The composition of claim 4 which contains from 0.1 to 2 .mu.kat/g of collagenase.
7. The composition of claim 6 which contains from 0.5 to 1 .mu.kat/g of collagenase.
8. The composition of claim 5 which contains from 0.1 to 2 .mu.kat/ml of collagenase.
9. The composition of claim 8 which contains from 0.5 to 1 .mu.kat/g of collagenase.
10. The composition of claim 1 which comprises:
at least 0.350 .mu.kat of said collagenase,
20 to 200 caseinolytic units of said neutral protease and
30 to 500 nucleasic units of said endonuclease.
11. The composition of claim 10 which comprises:
at least 0.350 .mu.kat of said collagenase,
20to 50 caseinolytic units of said neutral protease and
30 to 60 nucleasic units of said endonuclease.
12. The composition of claim 1 which also contains a collagen hydrolysate in the proportion of from 1 to 25 parts by weight of a collagen hydrolysate per part by weight of collagenase.
13. The composition of claim 12 which contains of from 2 to 10 parts by weight of collagen hydrolysate per part by weight of collagenase.
14. The composition of claim 10 which also contains a collagen hydrolysate in the proportion of from 1 to 25 parts by weight of a collagen hydrolysate per part by weight of collagenase.
15. The composition of claim 12 which is freeze-dried and stabilized.
16. The composition of claim 1 which is in the form of a solution for use in the treatment of dental caries or other alterations of the dental pulp in man or animal.
17. A method of treating a skin burn which comprises contacting said burn with an effective amount of the composition of claim 1.
Summary for Patent: ⤷ Free Forever Trial
|Applicant||Tradename||Biologic Ingredient||Dosage Form||BLA||Number||Approval Date||Patent No.||Assignee||Estimated Patent Expiration||Status||Orphan||Source|
|Smith And Nephew||SANTYL||collagenase||OINTMENT;TOPICAL||101995||001||1965-06-04||⤷ Free Forever Trial||Institut Pasteur (Paris, FR)||2005-03-22||RX||search|
|>Applicant||>Tradename||>Biologic Ingredient||>Dosage Form||>BLA||>Number||>Approval Date||>Patent No.||>Assignee||>Estimated Patent Expiration||>Status||>Orphan||>Source|
|Country||Patent Number||Estimated Expiration|
|Australia||2410584||⤷ Free Forever Trial|
|Australia||568626||⤷ Free Forever Trial|
|Canada||1227132||⤷ Free Forever Trial|
|Canada||1232542||⤷ Free Forever Trial|
|Germany||3473827||⤷ Free Forever Trial|
|>Country||>Patent Number||>Estimated Expiration|
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.