DrugPatentWatch Database Preview➤ Get the DrugPatentWatch Daily Briefing
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 4,670,419
|Title:||Pharmaceutical composition and its rectal use|
|Abstract:||A pharmaceutical composition containing a hydrophilic drug which is poorly absorbable through the gastrointestinal tract, and cyclodextrin, increases the absorbability of the drug into the mammalian body when administered by a non-oral or non-injection route.|
|Inventor(s):||Uda; Yoshiaki (Takarazuka, JP), Hirai; Shin-ichiro (Kyoto, JP), Yashiki; Takatsuka (Takarazuka, JP)|
|Assignee:||Takeda Chemical Industries, Ltd. (Osaka, JP)|
|Patent Claims:||1. A method for administering a pharmaceutical composition, which comprises administering a pharmaceutical composition containing a physical mixture of a hydrophilic,
physiologically active polypeptide, which is poorly adsorbable through the gastrointestinal tract, and cyclodextrin through the rectum.
2. A method as claimed in claim 1, wherein the cyclodextrin is .alpha.-cyclodextrin.
3. A method as claimed in claim 1, wherein the pharmaceutical composition is a uniform mixture in dosage form.
4. A method as claimed in claim 1, wherein the physiologically active polypeptide is selected from the group consisting of L-pyroglutamyl-L-histidyl-L-prolinamide, its salts, a polypeptide represent by the formula: ##STR4## wherein A stands for hydrogen, alkyl, aralkyl, alkoxyalkyl, hydroxyalkyl or alkoxy, R stands for ##STR5## X stands for --CH.sub.2 --, --CH.sub.2 CH.sub.2 -- or --S--, R and each of the other constituent amino acid residues may have an L- or D-configuration or be racemic, and its salts.
5. A method as claimed in claim 1, wherein the physiologically active polypeptide is selected from the group consisting of luteinizing hormone-releasing hormone (LH-RH) and a peptide which has LH-RH activity and has the formula:
wherein R.sub.1 stands for His, Tyr, Trp or p-NH.sub.2 -Phe; R.sub.2 stands for Tyr or Phe; R.sub.3 stands for Gly or a D-amino acid residue; R.sub.4 stands for Leu, Ile or Nle; R.sub.5 stands for Gly-NH-R.sub.6 (R.sub.6 stands for H or a lower alkyl group which may optionally have a hydroxyl group) or NH-R.sub.6 (R.sub.6 is as defined above).
6. A method as claimed in claim 1, wherein the physiologically active polypeptide is selected from the group consisting of insulin, somatostatin, somatostatin derivatives, growth hormone, prolactin, adrenocorticotrophic hormone, melanocyte stimulating hormone, thyrotropin releasing hormone, its salts or its derivatives, thyroid stimulating hormone, luteinizing hormone, follicle stimulating hormone, vasopressin, vasopressin derivatives, oxytocin, carcitonin, parathyroid hormone, glucagon, gastrin, secretin, pancreozymin, cholecystokinin, angiotensin, human placental lactogen, human chorionic gonadotropin, enkephalin, enkephalin derivatives, endorphin, interferon (.alpha., .beta., .gamma.), urokinase, kallikrein, thymopoietin, thymosin, motilin, dynorphin, bombesin, neutotensin, caerulein, bradykinin, substance P, kyotorophin, nerve growth factor, polymyxin B, colistin, gramicidin, bacitracin, bleomycin and neocarzinostatin.
Summary for Patent: ⤷ Free Forever Trial
|Foriegn Application Priority Data|
|Foreign Country||Foreign Patent Number||Foreign Patent Date|
|Japan||57-132658||Jul 28, 1982|
|Applicant||Tradename||Biologic Ingredient||Dosage Form||BLA||Number||Approval Date||Patent No.||Assignee||Estimated Patent Expiration||Status||Orphan||Source|
|Ferring||CHORIONIC GONADOTROPIN||gonadotropin, chorionic||INJECTABLE;INJECTION||017016||004||1975-06-26||⤷ Free Forever Trial||Takeda Chemical Industries, Ltd. (Osaka, JP)||2004-06-02||RX||search|
|Ferring||CHORIONIC GONADOTROPIN||gonadotropin, chorionic||INJECTABLE;INJECTION||017016||006||1975-06-26||⤷ Free Forever Trial||Takeda Chemical Industries, Ltd. (Osaka, JP)||2004-06-02||RX||search|
|Ferring||CHORIONIC GONADOTROPIN||gonadotropin, chorionic||INJECTABLE;INJECTION||017016||007||1975-06-26||⤷ Free Forever Trial||Takeda Chemical Industries, Ltd. (Osaka, JP)||2004-06-02||RX||search|
|Ferring||CHORIONIC GONADOTROPIN||gonadotropin, chorionic||INJECTABLE;INJECTION||017016||009||1975-06-26||⤷ Free Forever Trial||Takeda Chemical Industries, Ltd. (Osaka, JP)||2004-06-02||RX||search|
|>Applicant||>Tradename||>Biologic Ingredient||>Dosage Form||>BLA||>Number||>Approval Date||>Patent No.||>Assignee||>Estimated Patent Expiration||>Status||>Orphan||>Source|
|Country||Patent Number||Estimated Expiration|
|Canada||1218605||⤷ Free Forever Trial|
|Canada||1218606||⤷ Free Forever Trial|
|Germany||3372705||⤷ Free Forever Trial|
|European Patent Office||0094157||⤷ Free Forever Trial|
|>Country||>Patent Number||>Estimated Expiration|
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.