DrugPatentWatch Database PreviewSee Plans and Pricing
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 10,300,143
|Title:||Compositions for treating cancer and methods for making the same|
|Abstract:||Described herein are compositions and methods relating to chemotherapeutic agent conjugates and the treatment of cancer.|
|Inventor(s):||Sengupta; Shiladitya (Waltham, MA), Kulkarni; Ashish (Waltham, MA), Rao; Poornima (Waltham, MA), Roy; Bhaskar (Belmont, MA)|
|Assignee:||The Brigham and Women\'s Hospital, Inc. (Boston, MA)|
|Patent Claims:||1. A composition comprising a conjugate, the conjugate comprising a chemotherapeutic agent conjugated to cholesterol, wherein the chemotherapeutic agent is a PI3K
2. The composition of claim 1, wherein the conjugate is of Formula (I) or Formula (II): ##STR00013## ##STR00014##
3. The composition of claim 1, wherein the composition further comprises a lipid in addition to the conjugate.
4. The composition of claim 3, wherein the lipid is a lipid conjugated with polyethylene glycol (PEG).
5. The composition of claim 4, wherein the PEG conjugated lipid is selected from the group consisting of: PEG conjugated diacylglycerols and dialkylglycerols; PEG-conjugated phosphatidylethanolamine and phosphatidic acid; PEG conjugated ceramides; PEG conjugated dialkylamines; PEG conjugated 1,2-diacyloxypropan-3-amines; 1,2-distearoyl-sn-glycem-3-phosphoethanolamine-N-[amino(polyethylene glycol)-2000] (DSPE-PEG2000); and any combinations thereof.
6. The composition of claim 1, wherein the composition further comprises a phospholipid.
7. The composition of claim 6, wherein the phospholipid is selected from the group consisting of: phosphatidyl cholines; phosphatidyl cholines with acyl groups having 6 to 22 carbon atoms; phosphatidyl ethanolamines; phosphatidyl inositols; phosphatidic acids; phosphatidyl serines; sphingomyelin; phosphatidyl glycerols; phosphatidylcholine; phosphatidylglycerol; lecithin; .beta.,.gamma.-dipalmitoyl-.alpha.-lecithin; sphingomyelin; phosphatidylserine; phosphatidic acid; N-(2,3-di(9-(Z)-octadecenyloxy))-prop-1-yl-N,N,N-trimethylammonium chloride; phosphatidylethanolamine; lysolecithin; lysophosphatidylethanolamine; phosphatidylinositol; cephalin; cardiolipin; cerebrosides; dicetylphosphate; dioleoylphosphatidylcholine; dipalmitoylphosphatidylcholine; dipalmitoylphosphatidylglycerol; dioleoylphosphatidylglycerol; palmitoyl-oleoyl-phosphatidylcholine; di-stearoyl-phosphatidylcholine; stearoyl-palmitoyl-phosphatidylcholine; di-palmitoyl-phosphatidylethanolamine; di-stearoyl-phosphatidylethanolamine; di-myrstoyl-phosphatidylserine; di-oleyl-phosphatidylcholine; dimyristoyl phosphatidyl choline (DMPC); dioleoylphosphatidylethanolamine (DOPE); palmitoyloleoylphosphatidylcholine (POPC); egg phosphatidylcholine (EPC); distearoylphosphatidylcholine (DSPC); dioleoylphosphatidylcholine (DOPC); dipalmitoylphosphatidylcholine (DPPC); dioleoylphosphatidylglycerol (DOPG); dipalmitoylphosphatidylglycerol (DPPG); -phosphatidylethanolamine (POPE); dioleoyl-phosphatidylethanolamine 4-(N-maleimidomethyl)-cyclohexane-1-carboxylate (DOPE-mal); L-a-phosphatidylcholine; and any combinations thereof.
8. The composition of claim 1, further comprising a targeting agent.
9. The composition of claim 8, wherein the targeting agent is selected from the group consisting of: peptides; polypeptides; proteins; enzymes; peptidomimetics; glycoproteins; antibodies (monoclonal or polyclonal) and portions and fragments thereof; lectins; nucleosides; nucleotides; nucleoside and nucleotide analogues; nucleic acids; monosaccharides; disaccharides; trisaccharides; oligosaccharides; polysaccharides; lipopolysaccharides; vitamins; steroids; hormones; cofactors; receptors; receptor ligands and iRGD (amino acid sequence CRGDKGPDC (SEQ ID NO: 1)).
10. The composition of claim 1, wherein the composition further comprises an anticancer agent in addition to the conjugate.
11. The composition of claim 10, wherein the anticancer agent is selected from the group consisting of: a platinum compound, paclitaxel; carboplatin; bortezomib; vorinostat; rituximab; temozolomide; rapamycin; an alkylating agent; cyclosphosphamide; an alkyl sulfonate; busulfan; improsulfan; piposulfan; an aziridine; an ethylenimine; a methylamelamine; an acetogenin; a camptothecin; a cryptophycin; a nitrogen mustard; a nitrosurea; an antibiotic; a enediyne antibiotic; a bisphosphonate; doxorubicin; a mitomycin; an anti-metabolite; a folic acid analogue; a purine analog; a pyrimidine analog; an androgen; an anti-adrenal; an epothilone; a maytansinoid; a trichothecene; gemcitabine; 6-thioguanine; mercaptopurine; methotrexate; vinblastine; etoposide; ifosfamide; mitoxantrone; vincristine; vinorelbine; novantrone; teniposide; edatrexate; daunomycin; aminopterin; xeloda; ibandronate; irinotecan; a topoisomerase inhibitor; a retinoid; capecitabine; combretastatin; leucovorin; lapatinib; erlotinib; and a compound having the structure of formula (IV): ##STR00015##
12. The composition of claim 1, wherein the composition comprises the conjugate, a PEG conjugated lipid, and a phospholipid.
13. The composition of claim 12, wherein the PEG conjugated lipid is DSPE-PEG2000 and the phospholipid is phosphatidylcholine.
14. A method of treating cancer, comprising, administering a composition of claim 1, to a subject in need of treatment for cancer wherein the cancer is selected from the group consisting of: breast cancer; ovarian cancer; glioma; gastrointestinal cancer; prostate cancer; carcinoma, lung carcinoma, hepatocellular carcinoma, testicular cancer; cervical cancer; endometrial cancer; bladder cancer; head and neck cancer; lung cancer; gastro-esophageal cancer, and gynecological cancer.
15. The method of claim 14, wherein the subject has been determined to have tumor cells with aberrant PI3K.
16. The composition of claim 1, wherein the PI3K inhibitor is selected from the group consisting of PI103; PI828; LY294002; wortmannin; demethoxyviridin; IC486068; IC87114; GDC-0941; perifosine; CAL101; PX-866; IPI-145; BAY 80-6946; BEZ235; P6503; TGR1202; SF1126; INK1117; BKM120; IL147; XL765; Palomid 529; GSK1059615; ZSTK474; PWT33597; TG100-115; CAL263; GNE-447; CUDC-907; and AEZS-136.
|Applicant||Tradename||Biologic Ingredient||Dosage Form||BLA||Number||Approval Date||Patent No.||Assignee||Estimated Patent Expiration||Status||Orphan||Source|
|Genentech||RITUXAN||rituximab||VIAL||103705||001||1997-11-26||See Pricing||The Brigham and Women\'s Hospital, Inc. (Boston, MA)||2032-06-15||RX||search|
|>Applicant||>Tradename||>Biologic Ingredient||>Dosage Form||>BLA||>Number||>Approval Date||>Patent No.||>Assignee||>Estimated Patent Expiration||>Status||>Orphan||>Source|
|Country||Patent Number||Publication Date|
|World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)||2013188763||Dec 19, 2013|
|World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)||2013188763||Jan 23, 2014|
|United States of America||2015174263||Jun 25, 2015|
|United States of America||2018125987||May 10, 2018|
|United States of America||9789193||Oct 17, 2017|
|>Country||>Patent Number||>Publication Date|
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.