DrugPatentWatch Database Preview» See Plans and Pricing
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 10,278,934
|Title:||Compositions and methods of use of phorbol esters in the treatment of neoplasms|
|Abstract:||Methods and compositions containing a phorbol ester or a derivative of a phorbol ester are provided for the treatment of chronic and acute conditions. Such conditions may be caused by disease, be symptoms, treatments, or sequelae of disease. The phorbol esters described are particularly useful in the treatment of neoplastic diseases and/or managing the side effects of chemotherapeutic and radiotherapeutic treatments of neoplastic diseases.|
|Inventor(s):||Han; Zheng Tao (Zhengzhou, CN), Chen; Hung-Fong (Taipei, TW)|
|Assignee:||Biosuccess Biotech Co., Ltd. (San Jose, CA)|
|Patent Claims:||1. A method for inducing remission comprising administering to a mammalian subject with cancer selected from the group consisting of lymphoma, breast cancer, lung cancer, liver
cancer, pancreatic cancer, nasopharyngeal cancer, cervical cancer, and multiple myeloma, an effective amount of a phorbol ester of Formula I, or a pharmaceutically-acceptable salt, isomer, or enantiomer thereof, ##STR00052## wherein R.sub.1 and R.sub.2
may be hydrogen; hydroxyl; ##STR00053## wherein the alkyl group contains 1 to 15 carbon atoms; ##STR00054## wherein a lower alkenyl group contains between 1 to 7 carbon atoms; ##STR00055## R.sub.3 may be hydrogen or ##STR00056## wherein said
effective amount is between about 10 .mu.g to about 1500 .mu.g of said phorbol ester of Formula I is administered at least twice a week, and wherein the phorbol ester of Formula I is administered at least a total of 15 times.
2. The method of claim 1, wherein R.sub.1 or R.sub.2 is ##STR00057## the remaining R.sub.1 or R.sub.2 is ##STR00058## and R.sub.3 is hydrogen.
3. The method of claim 1, wherein the phorbol ester is phorbol 13-butyrate, phorbol 12-decanoate, phorbol 13-decanoate, phorbol 12,13-diacetate, phorbol 13,20-diacetate, phorbol 12,13-dibenzoate, phorbol 12,13-dibutyrate, phorbol 12,13-didecanoate, phorbol 12,13-dihexanoate, phorbol 12,13-dipropionate, phorbol 12-myristate, phorbol 13-myristate, phorbol 12,13,20-triacetate, 12-deoxyphorbol 13-angelate, 12-deoxyphorbol 13-angelate 20-acetate, 12-deoxyphorbol 13-isobutyrate, 12-deoxyphorbol 13-isobutyrate-20-acetate, 12-deoxyphorbol 13-phenylacetate, 12-deoxyphorbol 13-phenylacetate 20-acetate, 12-deoxyphorbol 13-tetradecanoate, phorbol 12-tigliate 13-decanoate, 12-deoxyphorbol 13-acetate, phorbol 12-acetate, or phorbol 13-acetate.
4. The method of claim 1, wherein the phorbol ester is 12--O-tetradecanoylphorbol-13-acetate.
5. The method of claim 1, wherein the phorbol ester of Formula I is administered parenterally.
6. The method of claim 1, wherein said phorbol ester of Formula I is administered at least 30 times.
7. The method of claim 1, wherein said effective amount is between about 100 .mu.g to about 300 .mu.g.
8. The method of claim 1, further comprising administering at least one secondary or adjunctive therapeutic agent to said subject in a coordinate administration protocol, simultaneously with, prior to, or after, administration of said phorbol ester to said subject.
9. The method of claim 1, wherein the at least one secondary or adjunctive therapeutic agent is selected from the group consisting of: doxorubicin, vitamin D3, cytarabine, cytosine arabinoside, daunorubicin, cyclophosphamide, gemtuzumab ozogamicin, idarubicin, mercaptopurine, mitoxantrone, thioguanine, aldesleukin, asparaginase, carboplatin, etoposide phosphate, fludarabine, methotrexate, etoposide, dexamethasone, and choline magnesium trisalicylate.
10. The method of claim 9, wherein two secondary or adjunctive therapeutic agents are administered to said subject.
11. The method of claim 10, wherein the two secondary or adjunctive therapeutic agents are dexamethasone and choline magnesium trisalicylate.
12. The method of claim 1, wherein the cancer is lung cancer.
13. The method of claim 1, wherein the cancer is lymphoma.
14. The method of claim 1, wherein the cancer is breast cancer.
15. The method of claim 1, wherein the cancer is liver cancer.
16. The method of claim 1, wherein the cancer is pancreatic cancer.
17. The method of claim 1, wherein the cancer is nasopharyngeal cancer.
18. The method of claim 1, wherein the cancer is cervical cancer.
19. The method of claim 1, wherein the cancer is multiple myeloma.
|Applicant||Tradename||Biologic Ingredient||Dosage Form||BLA||Number||Approval Date||Patent No.||Assignee||Estimated Patent Expiration||Status||Orphan||Source|
|Merck||ELSPAR||asparaginase||VIAL||101063||001||1978-01-10||Start Trial||Biosuccess Biotech Co., Ltd. (San Jose, CA)||2027-01-31||RX||search|
|Chiron||PROLEUKIN||aldesleukin||VIAL||103293||001||1992-05-05||Start Trial||Biosuccess Biotech Co., Ltd. (San Jose, CA)||2027-01-31||RX||search|
|Wyeth Pharms Inc||MYLOTARG||gemtuzumab ozogamicin||VIAL;SINGLE-DOSE||761060||001||2018-04-09||Start Trial||Biosuccess Biotech Co., Ltd. (San Jose, CA)||2027-01-31||RX||Orphan||search|
|>Applicant||>Tradename||>Biologic Ingredient||>Dosage Form||>BLA||>Number||>Approval Date||>Patent No.||>Assignee||>Estimated Patent Expiration||>Status||>Orphan||>Source|
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.