DrugPatentWatch Database Preview➤ Get the DrugPatentWatch Daily Briefing
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 10,071,143
|Title:||Methods for non-surgical treatment of carpal tunnel syndrome|
|Abstract:||Provided is a non-surgical method of treatment of carpal tunnel syndrome by administering an effective amount of purified collagenase I and II by injection onto a transverse carpal ligament, without penetrating the transverse carpal ligament. The purified collagenase I and II are obtained from Clostridium histolyticum, and the effective amount is a dose comprising a concentration of approximately 0.29 mg of the purified collagenase I and II to one ml diluent.|
|Inventor(s):||Badalamente; Marie A. (Mount Sinai, NY), Wang; Edward (Poquott, NY)|
|Assignee:||The Research Foundation for The State University of New York (Albany, NY)|
|Patent Claims:||1. A non-surgical method of treating carpal tunnel syndrome in a subject in need thereof, the method comprising: administering by injection, an effective amount of purified
collagenase onto a transverse carpal ligament of the subject, wherein the effective amount of the purified collagenase is at least 0.58 mg/ml with a specific activity of at least 1500 SRC units, wherein the purified collagenase is obtained from
Clostridium histolyticum and comprises collagenase I and II, and wherein the collagenase is administered with a blunt needle.
2. The method of claim 1, wherein the collagenase is injected in a liquid pharmaceutically acceptable carrier.
3. The method of claim 1, wherein the effective amount of the purified collagenase is injected between three and six sites onto a palmar side of the transverse carpal ligament of the subject.
4. The method of claim 1, wherein the injection is onto the transverse carpal ligament, without penetrating the transverse carpal ligament.
5. The method of claim 1, wherein the injection is performed with ultrasound guidance to avoid penetration of the transverse carpal ligament.
6. The method of claim 1, wherein the purified collagenase functions to rupture the transverse carpal ligament.
7. The method of claim 1, wherein an anesthetic is injected prior to administration of the collagenase, and wherein the injection of the anesthetic makes a needle track.
8. The method of claim 7, wherein the collagenase is administered following the needle track.
9. The method of claim 2, wherein the concentration of the purified collagenase in the pharmaceutically acceptable liquid carrier is between 0.58 mg/ml and 1.16 mg/ml.
10. The method of claim 2, wherein the volume of the pharmaceutically acceptable liquid carrier is between 0.1 ml and 2.0 ml.
11. The method of claim 2, wherein the liquid pharmaceutically acceptable carrier is selected from the group consisting of normal saline, aqueous NaCl/CaCl.sub.2 buffer, aqueous dextran solution, and aqueous hetastarch solution.
|Applicant||Tradename||Biologic Ingredient||Dosage Form||BLA||Number||Approval Date||Patent No.||Assignee||Estimated Patent Expiration||Status||Orphan||Source|
|Smith And Nephew||SANTYL||collagenase||OINTMENT;TOPICAL||101995||001||1965-06-04||⤷ Free Forever Trial||The Research Foundation for The State University of New York (Albany, NY)||2027-05-03||RX||search|
|>Applicant||>Tradename||>Biologic Ingredient||>Dosage Form||>BLA||>Number||>Approval Date||>Patent No.||>Assignee||>Estimated Patent Expiration||>Status||>Orphan||>Source|
|Country||Patent Number||Estimated Expiration|
|Australia||2006206393||⤷ Free Forever Trial|
|Australia||2007221225||⤷ Free Forever Trial|
|Brazil||PI0607280||⤷ Free Forever Trial|
|Brazil||PI0708186||⤷ Free Forever Trial|
|Canada||2593038||⤷ Free Forever Trial|
|Canada||2643171||⤷ Free Forever Trial|
|>Country||>Patent Number||>Estimated Expiration|
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.